Lets try some stuffed portobello mushroom. I tried this recipe for lunch the other day as a side dish. I realized that this is a really filling recipe. It could be tried as a side dish but it could pass off as a main course also.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 4 ounces-weight Mild Italian sausage
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons for topping)
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons for topping)
- 1 whole lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- salt n pepper (add to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Remove stems from all mushroom caps. Wipe down mushrooms with a wet cloth to remove all dirt. Using your hands, lightly rub each mushroom with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sauté onion and garlic. About 15 seconds.
- Add sausage and cook until brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl. Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper,stir until well combined.
- Top each mushroom with sausage mixture equally.
- Top with tomato, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.