Today I am going to teach you to prepare chicken breast with a twist. The twist comes from lemon and mustard oil which are some of the ingredients. This recipe can be served as a snack or appetizer. It can be served cold or at room temperature.
The method used to make the chicken spicy is common in Nepal. This method can be used to prepare edamame (soyabean) the same way. The method is called “Sandeko”. Here are the ingredients you will need.
- 2 pieces of chicken breast (cut in strips)
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 green chillis (cut in strips). Remove seeds if you dont want it to be extra spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 medium red onion. (cut in rings 1/8″ inch thick and separated rings)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic (either minced or sliced)
- 2 tablespoon of mustard oil
- 1/4 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Slice of lemon wedge (optional for garnish)
- Tomato wedges (optional for garnish)
- In a saucepan heat vegetable oil.
- Add chicken and cook until golden. Once it is golden take out chicken in a bowl.
- Heat the mustard oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it faintly smokes.
- Add fenugreek & fry until seeds turn dark brown.
- Add green chillies, turmeric, onion, garlic, ginger, cumin.
- Add salt to taste.
- Heat for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the chicken from step 2 to the skillet.
- Add lemon juice and cilantro.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with lemon wedge & tomato.
Chicken from step2