I was inspired to make this soup after tasting a similar soup at Olive Garden restaurant. Kale is very healthy and it helped my husband who was feeling under the weather last week. I hope you guys enjoy the recipe also
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:50 minutes
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage (Sweet, mild or hot)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch Kale, cleaned, picked over and torn in small pieces
- 4 red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- In lager pot add oil and sausage. Cook until crumble and brown. (Drain fats from sausage if you want.)
- In a medium pot boil sliced potatoes until tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion in sausage and cook for few minutes.
- Add salt and red chilly flakes. Cook for about a minutes.
- Add milk, half and half, pepper, boiled potatoes and chicken broth cook for half an hour in medium heat. Stirring occasionally.
- Add kale and heavy cream. Cook more for 10-15 minutes more in medium-low heat. Garnish with chopped scallions to serve.