Today, I will show you how to make pie crust. This can be used in any kind of pie. I used it to make apple pie for the pi day (3/14).
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes plus extra time for chilling
- Yield: 1
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup cold ice water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Rolling pin
- Food processor
- Pie tin or glass pie plate for baking
- Saran wrap
- In the bowl of food processor, combine flour, salt and sugar, pulse to combine.
- Add butter, pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs(20 seconds).
- Add water slowly, until the texture of dough is crumbly and just holds together(30 seconds).
- Transfer crumbly dough to work surface and make dough. Divide in two half.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough on a floured counter to fit a pie plate.
- Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.