In leu of St. Patrick’s Day I thought I would make these green cookies. They turned out to be great. I even had my husband share some at work. These cookies are easy to prepare and they can be a great treat.
Makes about 24
Prep Time:20 minutes
Baking Time:12-14 minutes
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon, Green Food Coloring
- 2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheets with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy again.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches,mixing well.
- Add food coloring or enough to get the right color. Add mint chips and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, press down on them slightly, and bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.