I baked mini shortbread today. It turned out really well so I thought to share the recipe. It can be a fun activity to do with your loved ones. Of course, feel free to add your own twist to this and let me know how it turned out.
Here we go.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Dozens
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour, plus bit more for dusting
- 1/2 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer on a regular bowl), beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla.
- On slow speed, pour flour in the bowl until it mixes well.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into 1/4 inch thick layer. Cut into hearts or other shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter.
- Place parchment paper in baking sheet and transfer cookies. Chill cookies in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (This will help the dough to become firm and helps maintain the shape of cookies while baking).
- Heat the oven to 325 degree F . Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Place chopped chocolate in heat proof bowl, set over simmering water. Melt the chocolate and remove from heat. Dip half or one third of cookie in chocolate mixture (as you desire).
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack to dry or place it on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheets in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Enjoy with cup of tea or hot chocolate or milk.