Come and make this mini chicken puff. It is really a delightful food. It is one of my favorite dishes of all time.
- Prep time: 40 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 minutes
- Yield: 18
- 1 box (490g)puff pastry
- 1/2 pound ground chicken (beef, turkey or pork can also be used)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil and add cumin, cook for 5 seconds.
- Add onion and fry until soft.
- Add carrot and chicken, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, ginger, garlic, jalapeño, pepper and chili. Add spring onion and cook 2 minutes in medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- Heat oven to 400 degree F.
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Lightly grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Use rolling pin to make flat.
- Cut sheet in 9 squares. Take one square at time and fill with 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture and seal all sides.
- Make a small cut on top.
- In a small bowl stir egg and water. Brush chicken puff with egg mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 min or until golden.
You may want to read these also