Today I am going to teach you how to make kidney beans rice. This recipe is easy and good for busy day.
It is healthy and can be eaten by itself. All you need is some kidney beans, rice and few other ingredients.
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) kidney beans
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups water
- cilantro for garnish
- In a hot pan add oil then add cumin seeds(wait till they crackle).
- Add onion and fry until soft
- Then add garlic and turmeric. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, beans, water and salt. Bring to boil.
- After water boils, reduce heat to medium- low.Then cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed .(18-20 minutes)
- Once cooked let rice sit for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro to serve.