- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped(optional)
- 1/2 cup oats plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, oats and sugar. Mix well.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana, vanilla extract, egg and butter.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve. Serve warm or at room temperature.