Baked Salmon is a classic recipe that lots of people know and like. I have made and ate a lot of salmon recipes. However, there were none in the blog. I thought I would try this new twist on salmon recipe with baked potato. I really liked how it turned out. The meal was not dry and the dish tasted really good. I hope you guys like the recipe too.
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:1 hours
Ingredients for salmon:
- 2 (5 ounces each) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground peppers to taste
- 2 tablespoons spicy marinara sauce
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 pieces of aluminum foil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Ingredients for Potato Salad:
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Ingredients for Asparagus:
- 6-8 pieces of asparagus
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions for Salmon:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a salmon fillet, on top of foil. Sprinkle salmon with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper each sides.
- Top the each piece of salmon with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, marinara sauce, 2 lemon slices, and 1 teaspoon capers. Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.
- Place the foil packet on a baking sheet. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Using a large metal spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates and open the foils to serve.
Directions for Potato salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- Mix well and put potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the potatoes for 40 minutes flipping twice during baking or until golden brown. Remove from ove and let it cool.
- In a bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and mustard. Mix and pour over the potatoes.
Directions for Asparagus:
- Preheat the panini grill to high heat.
- Rinse the asparagus and break the ends off of each spear (if you hold onto each end and bend the spear it will naturally break in the right place). Discard the ends.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 3 minutes until cooked through and grill marks appear. Set aside.