PI Day (Pie Day). I found about PI Day after I came to US. I baked an apple pie but was not able to upload this recipe in time. Enjoy the recipe.
Baking time:40-45 min/Total:1 hrs15min
- 6 large apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, plus more for pie top
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnut, chopped
- Whipping cream to serve(optional)
- Preheat over to 375 degree F.
- On lightly floured surface roll out dough into circle. Place pie crust in pie tray.
- In a bowl combine apple, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and walnut. Mix well.
- Pour apple mixture and dot with butter.
- Roll another pie crust and cut in 10- 12 strips each about 1/2 inch wide.
- Place 5 strips across pie filling, weave a cross strips. Continue weaving folding back alternate strips before dding each cross-strip, until lattice is complete. Trim ends.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.